Please note this is a Maternity Cover Contract and could be based from our Bristol, Dorking or Gloucester offices. It will initially be for a 6 month period with a possibility to extend.
Closing date for applications is 28th August 2020
We are a systems and engineering technology consultancy that helps organisations deliver innovative engineering to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. Our people join us to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
Frazer-Nash’s Behavioural Psychology Unit (BPU) are seeking a psychology graduate to join their team. Candidates must hold the minimum of a Master’s degree in any psychological discipline, though qualifications in social psychology, cognitive psychology, organisational/occupational psychology, or cyber psychology are preferable. As part of the BPU, the post holder will be expected to identify security-related issues and devise innovative ways of addressing challenges through the application of psychological principles. Therefore, candidates should possess experience in all phases of research and development; from problem definition, innovative research design, and data analysis, to the implementation, evaluation and integration of new capabilities. Appropriate theoretical knowledge, work experience and/or an interest in working in the digital/cyber domain will be considered advantageous, alongside personal attributes, such as interest in technology and good written/oral communication skills.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in any psychological discipline.
• Experience in all phases of research and development (e.g. research design, data collection, data analysis).
• Good communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to be security cleared
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Qualifications in social psychology, cognitive psychology, organisational/occupational psychology, or cyber psychology are preferable.
- Knowledge of/interest in ICT or cyber.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.