Role locations: This role is available across all of our UK offices, for a full list of our office locations, click here.
Who we are:
Frazer-Nash are an engineering, systems and technology consultancy. Through our meaningful innovations, our experts help organisations make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable.
In a nutshell, a consultancy is all about providing advice to positively impact our clients’ projects and businesses and the wider world around us.
We have built a Behavioural Science and Psychology Unit (BPU) that at times sits alone but also work alongside our engineering consultants to assess observable behaviours and the principles that govern them. The BPU project work involves understanding how humans interact with systems and with organisations. We apply research methods to predict and influence human and team behaviour.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is able to adapt to changing situations: the nature of consultancy is that you need to adapt to new scenarios in existing work or the challenges offered with new work. We are looking for individuals who are able to adapt their behaviour and ways of working to respond to these changing situations..
- Is organised in their approach in delivering their work: The ideal candidate should exhibit strong organisational skills required to deliver the BPUs work. They should be accountable and possess the ability to plan and organise work efficiently to meet clients’ needs.
- Is able to influence the outputs of their research: The ideal candidate should excel in effective communication, being able to work effectively with our clients and stakeholder to deliver our projects. They must be able to demonstrate confidence in delegation, the ability to empathise with clients, articulate solutions persuasively, and exhibit the emotional intelligence required to see things from the client's perspective.
- Is able to create the new and the different: The BPU is one of Frazer-Nash’s newest Groups, consequently the ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial approach helping to develop future services for the BPU. Given a blank sheet of paper we are looking for individuals who are able to create new service offerings to our current or future clients. This role requires constant stepping out of one's comfort zone to embrace the future.
As a minimum requirement you will be working towards a 2:1 Bachelors or Master’s degree. You may have relevant experience from University courses in Psychology or a associated discipline.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Our Recruitment Process:
Step 1: Application - CV submission
Step 2: Measure Potential - Arctic Shores’ task-based assessment. You will be asked to complete some exciting, engaging tasks which will help us get to know you better! In return, you’ll receive a personalised feedback report.
Step 3: Video Interview - Situation based & technical questions that are related to the important criteria needed to be successful on the role.
Step 4: Final Stage Interview - This includes a final stage interview with opportunity to learn more about what we do.
Step 5: Decision/Feedback - You will receive feedback even if we do not make the decision to offer you the job or progress you to the next stage.
Here's what we offer:
● The opportunity to join and learn with a team that’s as driven as they are supportive.
● A competitive salary: [£23,500 pro rate]
● 25 days holiday (pro rata)
● A company that has its heart in the right place and a welcoming work culture.
● Hybrid working with flexibility around life outside of work.
● Company pension scheme.
● Private healthcare membership + wellbeing support.
● Bonus scheme linked into company performance.
● Support and mentoring during your placement year
● Opportunity to fast track onto our graduate programme
● Early career teams and office socials.
And a whole host more...
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a dynamic and thriving workplace culture.