Location - Bristol and Dorking offices also considered.
Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Major Pursuits is delivering a centralised function supporting prospect development across the business and bid management expertise for high value, complex and strategic opportunities. With a small core team, supported by a wider bid manager population, this is your chance to become a part of this core team, managing bids, developing opportunities and delivering high value work to the company as a result. You will be a critical link in the business development process.
This role is integral to the Major Pursuits Team. A high profile position, working regularly with Senior Managers. Managing these very large and complex bids can bring you into contact with all of the company’s technical capability.
Working directly for the Major Pursuits Lead, delivery of this role is a key factor in winning work. The position is critical and success is central to maintaining a company level pipeline of opportunities. The role responsibilities include:
- Assembling and leading the Bid Team
- Planning the bid program to deliver the greatest chance of winning
- Engage with both internal and external Stakeholders
- Ensure bid and delivery risks are mitigated appropriately
- Manage meetings, workshops and bid review sessions
- Submit the bid and monitor progress
- Initiate and manage a capture plan/record
- Drive the formation of bid strategy and assess competitive landscapes
- Drive development of mature discussions with partners/subcontractors
- Submit bids, expressions of interest, respond to and update Standard Selection Questionnaire (SSQ) and Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) responses
- Provide advice/guidance on Bid process and the principles of winning
- Manage bid information as a member of the specific opportunity bid team
- When supporting a bid team, follow bid management protocols and processes
- Carry out bid management tasks delegated by the bid manager
- Maintain relationships with managers
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Team
- Liaise with client contacts effectively and in a professional manner
- Act as an ambassador for bid management best practice
- Carry out ad hoc tasks under direction of the Major Pursuits Lead for tender support and continuous improvement/ development of the Major Pursuits service.
- Act as an ambassador for our brand and policy document quality
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Significant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-disciplined, flexible, confident and approachable
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group and use own initiative
- Proven ability to prioritise, work well under pressure and deliver high quality work on demanding deadlines
- Organisational and project management skills
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- APMP Practitioner
- Proof-reading skills
- Strong time management skills
- Commercially aware
- Offer ideas and creativity