Closing date is 31st August but we would encourage early applications
Salary £65,000 to £75,000 pa depending on experience
The role could be based at any of our UK offices
Frazer-Nash provides independent engineering, technology and advisory services to the transport industry, supporting the development, introduction and effective operation of innovative technology. As a result of continuing strong growth, we are seeking to recruit a Business Manager to join our transport team and help us establish a broader position in the Highways and Future Mobility sector.
You will be responsible for building our customer portfolio with the UK government and regulator, infrastructure owners and operators, and technology developers, helping to address challenges including Net Zero, improving safety and security, making better use of technology, and enabling the introduction of autonomous systems. You will help us to build our presence in the UK market, with targeted services spanning Frazer-Nash’s key strengths in safety and cyber security assurance, decarbonisation (Hydrogen, Batteries and Electric Roads), systems engineering, new technology introduction including connected and autonomous vehicles, asset management and optimisation, information systems, data analytics and modelling.
In doing so, you will diversify our customer base and help to drive the development of our service offering. This vacancy will appeal to candidates who want the opportunity to lead the rapid growth of an emerging area of business in a successful and innovative engineering and technology consultancy company.
The successful candidate will lead and work alongside colleagues to develop relationships and business, delivering integrated consultancy solutions across new transport and infrastructure projects.
• Contribute to the strategy of the overall transport and industry business and develop the strategic (5 year) plan for the Highways and Future Mobility sector;
• Be responsible and accountable for developing and delivering the in-year sector plan, including leading the Business Development activities in the sector;
• Characterise the key market drivers and influence the development of our services towards the needs of these markets;
• Draw on your skills and network to develop and maintain high performing collaborative relationships with customers, delivery partners, suppliers and key sector stakeholders;
• Identify, characterise, influence and capture opportunities to deliver order targets;
• Develop and coordinate campaign plans to deliver quote, order and profitability targets;
• Work with technical teams and delivery partners to develop compelling proposals to win work;
• Support internal delivery and maintain excellent customer relations, quality, programmes, and profitability across a portfolio of projects;
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• A background in the Highways and Future Mobility sector including either experience in, or demonstrable understanding of, a consultancy environment;
• Strong customer relationship management skills, an established set of contacts and a good reputation in the client community;
• An established track record of strategic thinking, business development, capture planning and delivery in a relevant environment;
• Ability to quickly grasp technical problems, understand our clients requirements, propose solutions, and turn them into winning proposals.
• Superb communication skills;
• Commercial awareness and the capability to provide guidance on bids and projects;
• Good leadership skills, with the ability to motivate individuals and teams across the business.
• Whilst the Highways and Future Mobility sector is the primary focus of the role, additional experience in other aspects of the UK transport market will be viewed favourably.
It’s a great time to join the Transport team within Frazer-Nash as we continue to broaden our portfolio in this growing and dynamic marketplace. Come and join our team as we forge ahead on this journey.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.