Role locations: This role is available across all of our UK offices, for a full list of our office locations, click here.
Who we are:
Frazer-Nash are an engineering, systems and technology consultancy. Through our meaningful innovations, our experts help organisations make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable.
In a nutshell, a consultancy is all about providing advice to positively impact our clients’ projects and businesses and the wider world around us.
The Cyber Area within Frazer-Nash is one of the fastest growing areas and we are looking for summer interns who can establish themselves to help fill the global cyber resource shortage. We are looking for summer internship students who can apply their general digital capability to solve our client’s most challenging cyber problems. We apply a range of systems engineering approaches to support our clients, including requirements, architectures, and modelling. We build long-term relationships with our customers and keep helping them with their problems as they evolve over time.
We're looking for people who can become:
- A creator: Our projects solve problems that customers have today, some of these turn into solutions that we can re-use as products. You will have the vision for how to re-use your work to solve bigger problems in the future. Given a blank sheet of paper we are looking for individuals who are able to create the new and the different.
- A team player: You will work in multi-disciplinary teams with other Frazer-Nash colleagues and our customers. You will be able to get along with others from different technical and social backgrounds and be part of a team which is more capable than the sum of its parts.
- An adapter: Ability to adapt to different and challenging situations and manage your time to meet competing demands.
- A multi-tasker: You will work on multiple projects concurrently and quickly take responsibility for delivery of different elements. Your responsibilities will grow year-on-year, as you grow in capability. You will have the ability to manage your own time to juggle competing demands to meet challenging deadlines.
- A problem solver: You will solve many different technical problems, seeing them from different perspectives and finding solutions which put the customer at the heart of our work. Often our clients aren’t aware of what outcomes best suit their requirements. You will have the ability to explore different options for our clients to ensure we deliver the best outcomes.
As a minimum requirement, you will be on track to obtain a 2:1 in your bachelor’s or a master’s degree. You may have relevant experience from university courses that are similar to any on the following list:
- Computer Science
- Cyber Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- General Engineering
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Our Recruitment Process:
Step 1: Application - CV submission
Step 2: Measure Potential - Arctic Shores’ task-based assessment. You will be asked to complete some exciting, engaging tasks which will help us get to know you better! In return, you’ll receive a personalised feedback report.
Step 3: Video Interview - Situation based & technical questions that are related to the important criteria needed to be successful on the role.
Step 4: Final Stage Interview - This includes a final stage interview with opportunity to learn more about what we do.
Step 5: Decision/Feedback - You will receive feedback even if we do not make the decision to offer you the job or progress you to the next stage.
Here's what we offer:
● The opportunity to join and learn with a team that’s as driven as they are supportive.
● A competitive salary: [£23,500 pro rata]
● 25 days holiday (pro rata)
● A company that has its heart in the right place and a welcoming work culture.
● Hybrid working with flexibility around life outside of work.
● Company pension scheme.
● Private healthcare membership + wellbeing support.
● Support and mentoring during your summer internship.
● Opportunity to fast track onto our graduate programme.
● Early career teams and office socials.
And a whole host more...
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a dynamic and thriving workplace culture.