Closing date for this role is 31st August but we would encourage early applications.
Salary £30,000 to £55,000 pa
Are you passionate about the impact that new technologies will have? We are looking for people to help our maritime clients navigate the future potential of novel and emerging technology and manage their existing assets. Our growing Marine Technology group is seeking to recruit engineering consultants to support our clients’ across all marine market sectors and with far reaching demand for our skill and capabilities.
We are looking to complement our expert team of Naval Architect consultants, providing engineering, design, guidance and support a diverse range of clients in the defence and commercial marine sectors. Our work spans the complete engineering lifecycle and we are looking for a range of experiences to work on projects for surface ships, marine platforms and submarines. The sort of projects you will be involved with will vary from small and rapid turnaround, to supporting Tier 1 suppliers in key embedded roles within their organisations.
We are looking for engineers or scientists with the following strengths:
- Sound first-principles engineering and science knowledge.
- Passion to apply and expand your knowledge of leading-edge technologies.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting technology horizon scanning, options assessment and investment decisions.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of systems engineering techniques and principles.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and leadership.
- An ability to transfer knowledge across disciplines.
Frazer-Nash is a systems and engineering technology consultancy that helps organisations deliver innovative engineering to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. Our projects and clients enable our technical teams to make significant contributions to these societal themes. Our people join us to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess a good degree in an Engineering related subject.
- Experience of design engineering of marine platforms (concept or detail design).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Knowledge of Defence and/or Central Government technology planning and procurement.
- Strong skills in the interpretation of clients' technical needs, preparation of proposals and technical leadership of projects.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Possess a good degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering related subjects.
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.