This role could be based at any of our UK offices but preferably Gloucester or Bristol
We are a systems and engineering technology consultancy that helps organisations deliver innovative engineering to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. Our people join us to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
We are looking for people to join our growing Cyber Group through the recruitment of Digital Systems Engineers. You will be assigned across vertical business/industry sectors within the company's client base which currently comprises Defence, Security, Energy and Transport and industry. This group of verticals is expected to grow to reflect the ubiquitous nature of digital systems.
We are looking for a range of candidates including security and technical architects able to cover the full systems lifecycle. We are looking for experience across the following areas:
- Cyber, an understanding of all aspects of computing, including storing data, protecting data, accessing data, processing data and transmitting data
- Systems Engineering, understanding the traditional waterfall project lifecycle and how systems engineering can be applied to agile delivery
- System Design and Modelling. Business, operational or concept development, system architecture and decomposition, requirements development and management.
- Appreciation of Business Change. The people and process side to introducing digital systems and the subsequent change to businesses
This role will be client facing and successful candidates are expected to work in a dynamic fast paced consultancy environment. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- You will ideally have Systems Engineering experience or similar background and will have applied these skills while working for a consultancy, services provider or systems integrator provided they operate within one or more of our key markets.
- You will be an excellent communicator and be able to demonstrate good customer relationship management skills.
- You will have a good degree in a science, computing or engineering subject. Membership of a relevant professional body would be advantageous.
- Successful candidates will need some experience or aptitude for leading or contributing to bids and tenders and ideally have an understanding of project management in a commercial environment.
There will be opportunities at all levels for ambitious candidates who have a real desire to take their career forward as well as forming the future development of this growing team.
- Excellent Cyber & ICT technical knowledge
- Consultancy skills working with clients and potentially as part of an embedded client team
- Excellent systems engineering and problem solving abilities
- Facilitation skills fostering a team approach and managing effective meetings
- Communication skills: Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Professional qualifications in a relevant discipline, and evidence of further continual personnel development.