Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Our Electrical Engineers undertake a range of projects across a number of sectors from civil nuclear sites and defence facilities to renewable energy power systems. The projects vary from small scoping and feasibility studies for modifications or upgrades to the design of complex process plants including nuclear power stations and COMAH sites. We are looking for world beating engineers who understand Systems Engineering Principles and take on the challenge of applying their Electrical Engineering skills consultative environment.
Our work often has a safety critical element and interfaces with other teams within Frazer-Nash to deliver a multi-disciplined service offering, managing these interfaces and effective communication internally and to clients is an essential element of this role. Tasks undertaken include:
- Electrical Design
- Front End Engineering Design
- Power System Studies
- Production / verification of equipment specifications, protection schedules, cable calculations and drawings
- Design substantiation
- Standards / regulatory compliance
- Document review / verification
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- MSc in Electrical Engineering (Or equivalent experience)
- 1- 5 years’ HV & LV electrical engineering experience in a relevant industry
- CEng, or evidence of progression towards
- Experience with:
- Electrical Design (FEED and Design Specification)
- Power System Modelling and Studies
- Production of design/substantiation reports and deliverables
- Ideally experience of grid connection studies.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience of:
- HV Equipment, including design, operational management and modification.
- Power System Design
- DNO / National Grid connection requirements
- Renewable Power Generation & Storage
- Private Wire Networks / Micro Grids
- Power Electronics
- Earthing Schemes
- Power System Modelling (Digsilent, ETAP, Amtech, SimPowerSystems)
- Power Systems Asset Management ISO 55001 Certified
- Experience in regulated industries (Nuclear, Defence, COMAH, Rail, National Grid)
- Eliciting clients' technical needs and developing relationships
- Technical leadership on projects