Salary range is £65,000pa to £75,000pa depending one experience.
Closing date is 19th August however we encourage early applications.
Owners of Electrical Power Systems face the challenge of reducing their carbon emissions to meet the UK government’s goal of net-zero emissions by 2050.
Frazer-Nash support numerous clients facing this challenge while simultaneously having to maintain safe, secure, sustainable and affordable operations.
These clients cover the owners and operators of small industrial private wire networks through to major urban distribution systems, transmission networks and power generation.
Our engineers join us to make a positive impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry.
Our people stay with us because they value our highly supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
Our Electrical Engineers undertake a range of projects that are varied both in scale and industry sector.
We typically have a diverse portfolio of projects from Front End Engineering Design (FEED) of upgrades to private wire networks, concept designs of electrical powers systems for the next generation fusion reactors or marine power systems, through to supporting the distribution network operators innovate and deliver the energy networks of the future.
Our work often has a safety critical element and interfaces with other teams within Frazer-Nash to deliver a multi-disciplined service offering; managing these interfaces and effective communication internally and to clients is an essential element of this role.
The role requires a strong technical project delivery background; with experience which should include several of the following: • AC and DC electrical power and distribution system design (up to 33kV).
• Power system modelling or management of grid connections.
• Managing the production, verification and approval of electrical reports, specifications, and detailed design drawings.
• Responding to ageing and obsolescence of electrical assets.
• Design and assurance of safety critical power systems.
• Specialist equipment support, for example: generators, transformers, switchgear, cables.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with our broad customer base to:
• Manage project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
• Client engagement to elicit requirements, develop work scope, report progress and management of risk.
• Mentoring and development of electrical engineers.
The role will involve hybrid working in our offices, at home, and at clients’ sites depending on the needs of projects. If you are looking for the opportunity to develop or utilise your technical leadership, project management and business development skills then this would be the right career opportunity for you.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
• MSc in an accredited Electrical Engineering (Or equivalent experience)
• HV & LV electrical engineering experience in a relevant industry
• CEng • Technical leadership on projects
• Working to the requirements of ISO 9001
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
• Eliciting clients' technical needs and developing relationships.
• Up to date knowledge and experience in the electrical discipline in particular relation to the following sectors:
o Transmission and Distribution including HVDC
o Energy Generation
o Nuclear Power and Fusion
o Private Wire Networks / Micro Grids
o Energy Storage and Battery Systems
• Production of design/substantiation reports and deliverables.
• Application of regulated industry standards, methodologies and principles.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.