Job Title: Embedded Software Consultant
Salary range: £50,000 to £65,000 per annum
Working Pattern: The role will involve hybrid working in our offices and laboratories, at home, and at clients’ sites depending on the needs of projects.
Closing date for this role is 31st December but we would encourage early applications.
As a consultancy, Frazer-Nash looks to engage our embedded software engineers on interesting and innovative projects that really matter, and provide a safe, secure and sustainable future within the defence, space, medical and renewable energy domains.
Our embedded systems projects vary in scale from the independent assessment and assurance of embedded control systems for some of the most complex and high-profile engineering projects in the UK today, through to research projects and the rapid prototyping and demonstration of bespoke devices.
You will be working in a close-knit growing team with a mix of experience on projects that are varied both in scale and industry sector. This diversity and growth of our embedded systems development capability provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and progression within our team.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with our broad customer base.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
• An Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Physics or a General Engineering Degree (Masters/PhD or Batchelors with evidence of post graduate experience).
• Experience in embedded software development from initial concept through to realisation.
• Industrial experience in embedded control and/or developing embedded software architectures for robotics, sensor systems and/or similar applications.
It is to your advantage if you have experience in some of the following:
• Model Based Design (MBD) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
• Experience in embedded software safety/ mission critical system development.
• Experience of bare metal / pure software language (C/C++/Rust).
• Experience of technology selection and the development of novel embedded systems/platforms, robotics, real-time controls, and/or similar.
• Understanding of system operational vulnerabilities.
• Industry experience in hardware and software integration.
• Understanding of waveform design and implementation within RF/microwave systems.
• Experience of working collaboratively on medium to large multi-discipline projects.
• Experience of mentoring and developing Early Careers Embedded Software Engineers.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.