Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us. We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Are you someone who can look beyond the task presented, who has a desire to apply their technical skills to tackle problems in new industries; to take a systems view to understand our clients’ needs and consult and deliver sustainable solutions that truly add value.
Our projects are varied in scale from designing prototype electronics, Internet of Things (IoT) devices to developing large-scale control systems for some of the most complex and high profile engineering projects in the UK today. This diversity and the growth of our electronics capability provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and progression.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with a diverse customer base. The role will involve working in our offices and laboratories, clients’ sites and field trial environments depending on the needs of projects.
If you are looking for the opportunity to develop or utilise your technical leadership, project management and business development skills then this might be the right career opportunity for you.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- A background in Electronic Engineering Degree, Computer Science or a General Engineering Degree (Masters/PhD or evidence of post graduate experience).
- Industry experience in embedded systems and/or architecture/software using a systems engineering approach.
- Experience in C, C++ and/or Ada along with RTOS embedded software development.
- Chartered Engineer (or clear evidence of progression towards Chartership).
- Experience of project, customer or supplier communications and management.
- Experience of undertaking work autonomously.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Model Based Design (MBD) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Safety critical software standards development e.g. IEC61508 or DO-178B/C (or other industry specific derivatives such as EN 50128 or ISO26262).
- Requirements analysis and traceability e.g. using DOORS.
- Industry experience in hardware and software integration.
- Experience of modelling and simulation tools, e.g. SCADE, MATLAB, Simulink, Veristand, LabVIEW.
- Software engineering expertise covering items such as software modelling (UML/SysML), software assurance, static analysis, statistical testing and formal methods.
- Prior experience of project management, preparation of bids and proposals.
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs.
- Technical leadership of projects.