Closing date is 19th August however we encourage early applications.
Salary range for this role is £35,000pa - £48,000 depending on experience.
Are you someone who can look beyond the task presented, who has a desire to apply their embedded software skills to tackle problems in new industries; to take a systems view to understand our clients’ needs and consult and deliver sustainable solutions that truly add value?
You will be working in a close team with a mix of experience on projects that are varied both in scale and industry sector. We typically have a diverse portfolio of projects ranging from designing prototype electronics / Internet of Things (IoT) devices through to developing large-scale control systems for some of the most complex and high-profile engineering projects in the UK today. This diversity and the growth of our embedded systems development capability provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and progression within our team.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with our broad customer base. The role will involve hybrid working in our offices and laboratories, at home, at clients’ sites and field trial environments depending on the needs of projects.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- An Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Physics or a General Engineering Degree (Masters/PhD or Batchelors with evidence of post graduate experience).
- Experience in embedded control and/or architecture/software.
- Experience in embedded systems development.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Model Based Design (MBD) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Software engineering experience covering software modelling and or experience of working within software development lifecycles.
- Experience of software assurance, static analysis, statistical testing or formal methods.
- Experience of the development of novel embedded systems/platforms.
- Awareness of robotics, real-time controls, or similar.
- Understanding of system operational vulnerabilities.
- Awareness of high integrity software development within defined industry standards.
- Experience of modelling and simulation tools, e.g. SCADE, MATLAB, Simulink, Veristand, LabVIEW.
- Industry experience in hardware and software integration.
- Awareness of RF/microwave systems, Digital Signal Processing, waveform design and implementation.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.