Closing date is 5th September but we would encourage early applications
Salary £40,000 to £50,000 pa depending on experience
Structural Integrity Engineering is at that core of the capabilities delivered by the Asset Integrity Groups of Frazer-Nash Consultancy.
The Asset Integrity Team based in Glasgow is set up to provide advanced knowledge and understanding on the integrity and design of mechanical structures. We support our clients by delivering expert guidance on the safe and efficient operation of their assets.
Our team supports clients in defence, aerospace, energy (nuclear and renewables) and transport. The projects we deliver focus on supporting assets that are high value, high performance, or safety critical.
The work we deliver ranges from substantiation of new designs to supporting life extension of critical plant. We are seeking structural integrity engineers to join our team to help us meet the demand from our clients. Ideally, they will have experience in these industries listed above and can undertake the required analysis and assessments against relevant industry codes and standards (ASME, BS, API).
The engineers must have experience in leading the delivery of projects, forming effective teams with the capabilities needed to meet customer requirements. Any engineer wishing to join our team should be able to demonstrate their experience of conducting work considering pressure vessels, pipe work and/or rotating machinery. They should be able to provide evidence that they have experience with FEA, fatigue, fracture and/ or fitness-for-service.
The Asset Integrity Glasgow team has a culture based on the values of honesty, positivity, trust and community. The successful candidate will be able to articulate how they will contribute towards this culture.
The successful candidate will be able to enjoy hybrid working conditions with flexibility around working from home or our brand-new office, situated in the heart of Glasgow City Centre.
• Ideally have a degree in engineering or equivalent. MEng, MSc or PhD would be desirable.
• Ability to travel and conduct site visits and plant walkdowns
• Technical knowledge in the mechanical / structural engineering domain.
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis (preferably Abaqus, Ansys or LS Dyna).
• Experience with codes and standards, such as ASME III, ASME VIII, API579, BS7608, BS7910, R5/R6.
• Experience in a technical consultancy environment.
• Business Development – flexible on the level but must show interest.
• Expertise - the ability to inform and influence customers in support of achieving their objectives.
• Experience of managing client relationships.
• Experience of project management.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-¬Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.