A fantastic opportunity to join our team of UAS experts, supporting our clients to adopt and exploit UAS technology in new and novel ways. This will involve working on a range of cutting edge UAS projects, spanning from technology road mapping, concept development, hardware and software design, safety case development, trials planning and delivery, BVLOS operations, autonomy, and integration of next generation systems. Our graduates will gain exposure and experience in the huge variety of our work, and the chance to explore where their own skills and interests lie; whether that be a leadership or technical path.
We embrace diversity, innovation, collaboration, and fulfilment as key themes which help us achieve a sustainable growing business which creates opportunity for our people and does things that matter in the world.
If you crave diversity of work. If you want to do things that matter with your career, for an organisation which cares, within an environment which trusts our people to deliver success, we look forward to exploring if we may be a fit with your future career goals.
The world and our clients have lots of problems and we get a kick out of finding engineering and technology solutions to these problems.
We like problems at Frazer-Nash.
- Space-based Solar Power - How do we move to clean, sustainable energy?
- Cyber Threats - How do we stay secure in a changing world?
- Digital future - How do we develop smart affordable infrastructure?
- Drones - How do we develop trusted autonomous systems?
Our people are our greatest assets.
Frazer-Nash offers excellent opportunities for graduates and postgraduates to experience challenging and interesting work that makes a difference in the world;
- You will use your skills and talents to ensure a sustainable future for society.
- Your work will help deliver a safe and secure world, where natural resources are conserved, and clean energy is available to all.
- You will focus on actions to reduce climate change; supporting rapid and far-reaching transformations in the delivery of energy, security, industry, and transport.
Working within a consultancy environment offers the chance to experience a wide variety of projects and you'll be given the opportunity to bid for, win, work, manage projects, people and clients, and expand your technical and consultancy skills.
Clear career pathways will help you to develop and nurture your potential as you grow within your role, leading to exciting future career prospects and promotion. We will support and encourage your ideas and also give you the opportunity to work directly with our clients, helping you to build strong professional relationships and networks.
You will join us with an excellent academic record and we will support your career development so that you achieve further professional qualifications including Chartership, usually with 4 years of joining. Our Professional Development Scheme (PDS) is accredited by five professional institutions (IMechE, RAeS, IET, RINA & IoP) and you will be assigned a mentor who will work with you to develop your own individual development plan.
We are interested in hearing from excellent candidates who want to work with Unmanned Aerial Systems. You may have relevant experience from University courses that are similar any on the following list:
- Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering
- General Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
The ideal candidate would have some or all of the following skills/experience:
- Responsible with a safety-first attitude.
- Experience with UAS projects, e.g. individually for a dissertation or as part of a group.
- A strong understanding of UAS subsystems.
- Understanding of UAS vehicle dynamics.
- UAS operational experience either academically, professionally, or personally.
- Strong interest in the application of UAS in a variety of use cases.
- Knowledge of wider aviation and regulatory matters.
- Good background knowledge in electronics/software development.
- Problem solving, including the ability to work independently and answer questions that are not google-able.
- Experience with UAS/ aviation safety.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce concise and professional reports.
- Not afraid to learn new skills as required.
The nature of our work means that we sometimes require staff to access Government material, it is therefore necessary for all of our employees to gain appropriate security clearance. We will apply for clearance if you have successfully been selected for a position, and we will decide if we can successfully gain full clearance on your behalf based on the content of your application. Any offer of employment is subject to this requirement being met.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Applications will be considered at time of receipt so we encourage early applications. The closing date for this role is Friday 31st December 2020