UK office locations considered - Bristol, Gloucester, Basingstoke, Glasgow, Warrington, Burton
Salary range is from £40,000 to £70,000pa depending on experience.
Closing date for this role is 21st January however we do encourage early applications.
Continuing the highly successful growth of our Human Factors Integration (HFI) consultancy business, we are looking to recruit another high calibre Human Factors professional to join our Human Factors team to enhance our Human Factors capabilities.
Working within a variety of project teams, you could be operating as a Subject Matter Specialist, Technical Lead and/or Project Manager. You will be delivering Human Factors work programmes as part of multidisciplinary projects undertaken by our Systems Engineering teams across a number of market sectors such as Defence, Transport and Civil Nuclear. There is also the opportunity to undertake research into a range of Human Factors related topics directly for our clients.
We have a number of positions available to reflect our growing business needs.
Consultant or Senior Consultant position ideally suited to somebody with a breadth of technical knowledge within human factors and experience in reviewing and verifying the work of their peers. In addition, the ability to provide technical leadership within projects to junior members of the team is essential.
The role requires a deep understanding of the role of Human Factors within multi-disciplinary projects and the ability to plan and deliver Human Factors activities as part of a wider programme. Knowledge of Systems Engineering is expected. Experience of integrating Human Factors within other engineering and project related services is expected.
The successful applicants will meet the following minimum requirements:
- A degree level education in a Human Factors or related subject.
- Chartered status (or working towards) with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (or equivalent experience).
- Experience of UK nuclear principles, standards and regulations.
- An excellent understanding of risk assessment, safety assurance, safety case and safety management concepts within major hazard industries.
- Experience in managing Human Integration of multi discipline design projects, System equipment and human machine interface design.
- Experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative human error and reliability assessments.
- Ability to develop HF strategies for delivering complex projects, from both a technical and commercial perspective.
- Ability to manage and give specific direction to others as to how to complete well-defined tasks and monitor their performance within the project.
- Ability to author and review complex technical deliverables.
- Ability to identify and support business development opportunities resulting in the preparation of estimates, proposals, budgets and documentation.
- Possess an excellent understanding and track record of undertaking formal HF analyses as applied to engineering programmes.
- Be able to apply experience of forming and maintaining positive working relationships with clients
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience in the civil nuclear sector; Nuclear Plants and buildings, nuclear defueling and fuel route.
- Experience in Defence sector
- Experience in Autonomous Systems
- Experience in User Experience or Human Computer Interfaces
- Masters level degree in Human Factors related subject or equivalent experience.
- Be able to apply experience of forming and maintaining positive working relationships with customers.
- Ability to provide technical leadership/mentoring within projects to junior members of the team.
- Actively contribute to the overall vision and strategy for the human factors team
- Experience of implementing human factors strategies across a wide range of safety critical industries is desirable.