This role could also be based at our Dorking or Bristol offices
Closing date is 30th January but we would encourage early applications
Salary £32,500 to £65,000 pa
Our Energy business unit includes a wide range of industries from renewable energy, nuclear power, oil and gas and turbomachinery as well as the energy networks, systems and storage required for their integration. The business area provides an analytical capability to all of Frazer-Nash, supporting a wide range of aviation, rail, health and government customers.
We view hydrogen as a key vector in the future worldwide energy market. As a company we are actively involved in a range of hydrogen projects and are looking to grow our team in response to market demands for our skills. We are looking for an engineer who has experience in system modelling of hydrogen flows or projects.
Key responsibilities would include:
Modelling of hydrogen flows or systems
Development of early-stage hydrogen projects or R&D of hydrogen technologies
Advising governments, utilities, and private companies on hydrogen project development including calculating levelized cost of hydrogen
Advising clients on specific challenges around the deployment of hydrogen within their sector
Identify opportunities within our existing client base for deployment of hydrogen-based solutions
Managing projects in accordance with our ISO-9001 accredited processes and acting as technical lead
Working with colleagues within and outside your disciplines to deliver multidisciplinary projects
Authoring and verifying technical deliverables
Helping shape our service development plans and strategies to maximise the value we provide to the global energy market
Developing new business by representing Frazer-Nash at conferences, seminars and prospective client meetings
Responding to enquiries and writing bids
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Strong understanding of hydrogen systems, gained from a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry or related discipline, or a similar level of training.
- Demonstrable experience working with hydrogen as an energy vector. Strong technical knowledge of the challenges and opportunities around hydrogen in the energy sector.
- Be a self-starter who takes the initiative and will proactively seek out opportunities for Frazer-Nash
- Be a strong team player but with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience of hydrogen safety requirements
- Knowledge of hydrogen technologies such as electrolysis, fuel cells, storage
- Understanding of the hydrogen value chain
- First of a kind project level deployment experience, including finance risk, net present value, and technology learning rates
- Experience in writing proposals, client liaison and business development
- Relevant post-graduate degree
- Have, or working towards, Chartered Engineer status
The nature of our work means that we sometimes require staff to access Government material, it is therefore necessary for our employees to gain appropriate security clearance. We will apply for clearance if you have successfully been selected for a position. Any offer of employment is subject to required clearance being obtained.
Frazer-Nash Consultancy to provide energy generation and distribution technical support to the UK’s £1bn Net Zero Innovation Portfolio
BEIS has awarded its Technical Third Party Support contract for the Net Zero Innovation Portfolio, ‘Lot 5 – Energy Generation and Distribution’ to a team led by Frazer-Nash.