Closing date is 4th November but we would encourage early applications.
Salary £35,000 to £55,000 per annum.
Are you passionate about developing innovative solutions to the biggest engineering challenges? Excited for your work to be a part of sustainable solutions for the next generations? Driven to capitalise on the benefit of advances in technologies, and provide society with enhanced level of capability?
Our growing design groups are seeking to recruit Engineering Design and Manufacture Consultants to support our clients’ in the generation and delivery of multi-disciplinary design solutions. Working across all market sectors including low/zero carbon energy, transportation, process and chemicals, defence and many more.
You’ll enjoy working as part of close-knit engineering design teams, whether working with colleagues to deliver a range of projects to external clients, or working alongside clients in embedded roles.
In the role of Engineering Design and Manufacture Consultants, you will likely be responsible for activities including:
- Developing innovative concepts and solutions, through brainstorming and down selection processes.
- Creating high quality detailed designs for any stage of an assets lifecycle from concept to decommissioning;
- Working with colleagues within and outside your disciplines to deliver multidisciplinary projects
- Authoring and verifying technical deliverables including 3D modelling, detailed drawings, test plans, design reports, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Managing projects in accordance with our ISO-9001 accredited processes and acting as technical lead;
- Responding to leads and enquiries, and writing proposals
- Developing new business by identifying and engaging with prospective clients,
Current programmes of work our engineering design teams are supporting include; developing proof of concept demonstrators for zero carbon energy systems, design of test rigs and equipment for the verification of aerospace components, optimising the design of complex manufacturing processes, producing prototype medical devices, creating next generation railway infrastructure, jigs for remote handing of equipment during decommissions activities, bridging system for defence land vehicles.
As you can see, our projects are very diverse and can last from a few weeks to many years of sustained support. You will typically be involved with multiple projects at any one time, meeting and communicating with customers to understand their requirements and managing your project to deliver the desired outcomes and insights.
Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us. We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess a good degree in an engineering related subject.
- Be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about mechanical design, with experience of successful design solutions.
- Experience of manufacturing processes, tooling and delivery of manufactured prototypes or products.
- Experienced in the application of design techniques, processes and best practice.
- Strong skills in the interpretation of clients' technical needs and the development of requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Excellent customer-facing skills.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment.
- Ability to translate systems engineering practices from one industry to another.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting. Candidates will be required to be UK national’s who are resident in the UK to be eligible to apply.