Office locations considered include Bristol, Glasgow and Warrington.
Salary range for this role is £42,500 - £55,000 depending on experience.
Closing date is 31st May however we encourage early applications.
Our civil nuclear team, based across our Bristol and Glasgow offices, delivers high value safety case related consultancy services to a key civil nuclear client. The group work to solve complex problems related to the continued safe operation and longevity of existing nuclear assets and support the safe defueling and decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
A high demand for these services means we are now seeking a new member of the team, to be based in Bristol or Glasgow.
By joining our growing business, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success by leading on all aspects of the project life-cycle from concept phase and bidding, through project management and delivery, to project close out. You will be expected to lead and/or oversee engagement with the client during all project phases.
The role requires that you lead on providing nuclear safety advice to the design, operation, defueling and decommissioning of nuclear facilities. As part of this, it will be necessary to liaise and work with operators, designers, key SQEPs, other customers, and technical experts within Frazer-Nash, building strong working relationships.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality technical safety case documentation;
- Providing technical mentoring to less experienced team members
- Providing project and technical oversight of safety related deliverables;
- Producing high quality proposals and bids of a complex or multi-disciplinary nature;
- Manging high risk projects to time, cost and quality expectations;
- Building and leading enduring client relationships
We expect the applicant to have the following attributes:
- Be proactive and entrepreneurial with an instinct for growth;
- Work well as part of a team;
- Be commercially astute;
- Be able to explain complex theories in simple terms;
- Be a confident communicator, able to interact with clients, colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
You should have a degree in a relevant discipline and solid experience working in a related role in the nuclear industry.
Your experience should also include:
- Experience implementing and/or overseeing the implementation of the nuclear safety case process;
- Experience of the structure and development of safety cases, safety requirements, optioneering, safety case strategy and supporting analyses;
- Experience authoring, verifying and overseeing the production of safety-related documents;
- Working towards being Chartered with a Professional Intuition, or successfully Chartered.
A lot of our work comes from repeat business and hence you will be seeking to build enduring working relationships with key clients. This means you will be spending some time on clients’ sites, which is a great opportunity to get hands on experience with plant and to see first hand the components you will be assessing. You must be willing to spend time on clients’ sites.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience and/or knowledge of defueling or decommissioning;
- Experience of site or power station-based safety case and operational activities;
- Developing new business, or maintaining key business or key account relationships, in a consultancy or similar environment.
- Actively supporting the professional development of other engineers.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.