This role could also be based from our Warrington, Gloucester or Bristol offices
Closing date is 9th September but we would encourage early applications
Salary £55,000 to £72,500 pa depending on experience
At Frazer-Nash we care, and the work we do makes a difference in the world. Our safety support to nuclear new build projects that will contribute to achieving net-zero, continues to grow. As such, an opportunity exists to join an established safety team with a substantial nuclear safety capability, which we seek to expand further.
We are searching for driven, self-starting consultants with substantial experience in the nuclear industry to work at a senior level on safety cases and supporting documentation for nuclear new build, decommissioning, and fusion projects.
The Energy Business Unit is a vibrant and growing area with a focus on delivery of high quality expertise and services across multiple energy sectors and development of staff and tools to operate within highly regulated industries. In particular, the Energy Assurance unit provides significant support to the Civil Nuclear Sector deploying engineering and safety case skills across Decommissioning, Fusion, Generation and New Build areas. It is an exciting time across all of these sectors. Frazer-Nash Consultancy are looking to bolster this team with talented individuals to continue to develop our service delivery and increase our support to the nuclear market.
If you are excited about the prospects of leading the safety contribution to high profile infrastructure projects in nuclear and in other sectors, please apply.
Successful applicants will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree or Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in a Science or Engineering subject, or Maths.
- Be Chartered (or working towards Chartership) through an appropriate Institute.
- Demonstrated capability to provide technical leadership in nuclear safety.
- Extensive breadth and depth of experience in nuclear safety cases.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Master’s degree in Nuclear Technology / Engineering or a Master’s degree in Risk & Safety Management / Process Safety / Loss Prevention / Radiation Protection.
- Ability to lead and facilitate workshops such as HAZOPs, optioneering etc.
- Experience of INSA/Peer Review, and engaging with regulators such as the ONR.
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment.
- A history of involvement in large multi-disciplinary projects.
- A track record of working successfully with clients and developing new business.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.