Closing date is 9th September but we would encourage early applications
Salary £35,000 to £50,000 pa depending on experience
At Frazer-Nash we care, and the work we do makes a difference in the world. Our safety support to nuclear new build projects that will contribute to achieving net-zero, continues to grow. As such, an opportunity exists to join an established safety team with a substantial nuclear safety capability, which we seek to expand further.
We are searching for driven, self-starting engineers with a desire to work in nuclear safety, to work on safety cases and supporting assessments for nuclear new build, decommissioning, and fusion projects.
The Energy Business Unit is a vibrant and growing area with a focus on delivery of high quality expertise and services across multiple energy sectors and development of staff and tools to operate within highly regulated industries. In particular, the Energy Assurance unit provides significant support to the Civil Nuclear Sector deploying engineering and safety case skills across Decommissioning, Fusion, Generation and New Build areas. It is an exciting time across all of these sectors. Frazer-Nash Consultancy are looking to bolster this team with talented individuals to continue to develop our service delivery and increase our support to the nuclear market.
If you are excited about the prospects of working on high profile infrastructure projects in nuclear and in other sectors, please apply.
Successful applicants will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree or Master’s Degree in a Science or Engineering subject, or Maths.
- Master’s degree in Nuclear Technology / Engineering, OR a Master’s degree in Risk & Safety Management / Process Safety / Loss Prevention / Radiological Protection, OR Equivalent by Experience.
- Commitment to working in the nuclear industry.
- Commitment to a career in safety management.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Comfortable working in a project team.
- Chartered (or willing to work towards being chartered) with a relevant professional institute.
- Aptitude for working successfully with clients.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Some experience of working in the Nuclear Industry or Other High Hazard industry in a safety engineering role.
- Experience of working in Nuclear Safety Case project teams.
- Experience of Nuclear Safety Case sub-disciplines such as for example; Radiological Consequence Assessment, PSA, Internal Hazards, External Hazards.
- Formal Safety Case Training.
- Experience of generating ALARP justifications.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.