Closing date for this role is 5th September but we would encourage early applications.
This role could also be based at one of our other UK offices
Salary £42,500 to £72,500 per annum depending on experience.
- We are looking for people with knowledge and experience of nuclear systems and nuclear safety cases, to support existing and new UK nuclear projects.
- Much of our work is directly in support of site, or facility, safety cases; we also undertake project support roles, systems engineering roles, and technical engineering support to safety-related nuclear systems.
- This is an opportunity for candidates with relevant experience, who are adaptable and able to perform the following kinds of roles:
- Safety assessment, risk assessment – hazard identification; fault schedules; design basis analysis; probabilistic analysis, safety functional requirements
- Qualification/ substantiation of systems against safety requirements.
- Internal and external hazards assessments.
- Safety case development and support for nuclear and non-nuclear plant
- Document writing – authoring or reviewing/verifying safety-related documents
Successful applicants will have:
- A degree (or equivalent) with an Engineering or relevant scientific bias
- Understanding and experience of the structure and development of safety cases; safety requirements (including those of the UK nuclear regulatory regime) and safety analysis/assessment.
- Experience of Nuclear and/or process plant in safety-related roles.
- A desire to develop further into safety case work.
It will help if you have experience of any or all of:
- Working with safety cases for nuclear reactors or other nuclear plant
- Formalised hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Assessment or qualification of safety-related systems
- Working within a consultancy environment.
- Involvement in large multi-disciplinary projects
- Project management (need not be management of large projects)
- Technical oversight and leadership.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.