Office location will be in the Basingstoke area.
Salary range is between £50,000pa and £70,000pa depending on experience.
Closing date is 30th June however we encourage early applications.
Want to use your expertise to make lives safe, secure and sustainable, supporting the defence and security of the UK?
Our Safety & Assurance team is involved in a wide range of projects for clients who operate civil and defence nuclear plant and facilities in highly regulated environments, and who use their expertise to support national security.
To support strong market demand and the ongoing development and growth of our people we are looking for an experienced nuclear safety consultant to join our team in the Reading / Basingstoke area.
In this role you will be responsible for leadership of safety based projects aimed at providing through-life technical assurance support to our client.
You will be expected to:
• Develop Technical Solution Strategies in response to client problems and requirements.
• Act as a Technical Lead/Integrator responsible for coherent delivery of our programmes to our clients.
• Support business development activities through stakeholder engagement and managing key client relationships.
• Lead or provide technical input to proposals/bid.
To support these responsibilities, we are looking for an individual with:
- Good experience in the defence nuclear safety domain including:
- Safety Legislation, Regulation and Policy
- Derivation of Safety Functional Requirements
- Hazard Identification / Hazard Analysis / Fault Sequence Assessment
- Deterministic and /or Probabilistic Safety Assessment o Engineering Design Substantiation
- Peer Review (Acceptance Review Team experience)
- Safety Case / Safety Basis development and authoring
- Nuclear safety management and its application throughout the plant lifecycle; including design, operation, and decommissioning
- Nuclear safety documentation required as part of the Site Licence Authorisation Conditions
- The ability to build relationships both externally with our clients and internally with our delivery teams and support functions,
- The ability to achieve and maintain the necessary security clearances, including SC and DV levels.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.