Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Due to continued success and growth of our consultancy services, we are looking for a senior economic advisory consultant to join our Techno-Economic Assessment group.
We are looking for someone to take our economic consultancy service to the next level. The successful candidate will have an extensive network of contacts within the field of economic advisory and will be up to the challenge of generating new business for our rapidly growing consultancy team.
Our work in the area of economic advisory is diverse and ranges from; economic assessment of complex engineering projects, development of cost and financial modelling using top-down and bottom-up approaches, developing LCOE models, performing value for money assessments and social value measurement, constructing business cases and performing economic assurance reviews, to market analysis of supply and demand, macroeconomic impacts and calculation of GVA and jobs.
With this appointment, we expect to significantly increase our market presence in the economic advisory space. The successful candidate will be highly experienced at business development / proposal writing, and proficient in technical delivery.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. We would be delighted to talk about flexibility in both working patterns and location, what matters to us is working with great people with the skills and mind-set to join our team.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Extensive experience in economic advisory consultancy.
- An extensive portfolio of economic advisory for high-profile national / international projects and clients.
- Demonstrable expertise in providing advice and insight into government(s) regarding taxation, budgets and spending, and monetary / fiscal policy.
- Degree qualified in the following or related disciplines:
- Demonstrable experience of growing new business services and proven ability to generate new business
- Industry leading expertise in economic advisory consultancy
- Highly experienced in the application of government and regulatory business
- Ability to access new markets
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Doctorate or Masters Degrees in economics, finance, business, or mathematics.
- Experience / understanding of regulatory price controls for the electricity and gas (energy) networks
- Experience of working with Government and policy setting.
- Experience of statistical software such as: SPSS, MatLab, STATA, or R.
- Experience of programming languages such as Python, VBA, SQL.
- Experience of project management.