Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
A Senior Engineer in Systems/Requirements Engineering, with experience of undertaking systems engineering and/or requirements engineering projects, is required to join the Requirements and Acceptance Group (North) to meet the significant workload currently being experienced by the Frazer-Nash Systems Engineering area. This role will see the successful applicant leading a range of projects, mainly in the Defence, Nuclear and Energy domains (but potentially in any field), working with other consultants and contributing to the successful delivery of contracts to our customers. The work will entail delivering (and ultimately leading) projects related to User and System Requirements, Acceptance (including Verification and Validation work), Model-Based Systems Engineering and potentially modelling and architecture. The role will involve regular engagement with clients to deliver projects, identify future opportunities, and develop enquiries and bids.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the Systems Engineering process as well as experience of applying these skills within a complex technical environment. You will be able to demonstrate strong knowledge and application of contemporary Systems Engineering practices and methods, the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets, as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Understanding of the V lifecycle, User Requirements, System Requirements, and verification & validation.
- Evidence of experience in elicitation of User and System Requirements, and associated Acceptance/V&V, within complex engineering projects.
- You will demonstrable the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets (including experience of IBM Rational DOORS® software), as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level.
- You must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- An understanding of MBSE and architecture modelling techniques, such as CAMEO, TOGAF/NAF and other tools would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Asset Management practices including awareness of ISO 55000