Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
We have an expanding rail business that has been successful in winning a number of rail innovation awards, most recently in 2014, 2016 and 2020. With opportunities for career progression that come from working in a successful and expanding engineering consultancy, we are looking for a Senior Rail Safety Consultant to work on a varied range of system safety and assurance projects in the rail sector.
If you have safety experience related to the development of new products or systems, or their modification, in the rail sector then we would like to hear from you. Key elements for this role include:
- Being able to provide a technical and project management contribution to safety analysis and safety case development for projects.
- Leading and developing other members of our rail safety team.
- Developing market opportunities and understanding our key clients in the rail sector. To date we have had great success in supporting mainline railway projects and in the future are anticipating growth in metro systems projects.
- Having the opportunity to apply your expertise in sectors other than rail.
You should have detailed safety knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas:
- Key rail safety legislation and standards e.g. CSM RA and CENELEC 50126, 50128 and 50129.
- Safety Case development for rolling stock, electrification, signalling, ERTMS, high speed rail or other forms of infrastructure.
- Safety Management System development and application.
- Hazard identification methods and analysis.
- Risk Assessment.
- Goal Structuring Notation.
- Accident / Incident Investigation.
- Independent Safety Assessment.
- Ideally having experience of working within a consultancy environment.