Locations considered: Bristol, Burton-upon-Trent, Gloucester or Warrington
Frazer-Nash is a sustainable systems and engineering technology consultancy. We help organisations deliver innovative engineering to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. Our people join us to make a positive impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our highly supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
Within Frazer-Nash, we know that one of the biggest positive impacts we can have is helping society respond to climate change. We do this in a range of ways, from decarbonising and re-engineering industry & infrastructure to prepare for a climate changed future, through to accelerating new technologies and delivering the green recovery. All in an efficient, compliant and responsible way.
Due to significant growth and demand for our sustainability advisory services: We are seeking an experienced sustainability practitioner with a detailed knowledge of sustainability, decarbonisation and climate resilience.
The successful candidate will work within the Environment & Sustainability Assurance Group. They will support the development, implementation and delivery of sustainability related services across the Defence, Government, Energy, Transport, Industrial, Infrastructure & Healthcare sectors. This is expected to include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of our sustainability vision and strategy.
- Development and delivery of sustainability focused consultancy (e.g. Net Zero strategy, new technologies, sustainable business models, climate risk assessment and associated declarations, low/zero carbon products/services, alternative fuels/renewable energy, materials management and sustainability / environmental management systems).
You will work with members of the management team, and at all levels within the Frazer-Nash business with a focus on sustainability, business development, project management and delivery. You will be expected to take a lead on the technical and commercial aspects of projects, ensuring delivery to time and budget as well as a high standard to exceed client expectations.
You can expect to have regular senior client contact, significant opportunities to undertake business development activities and responsibilities for mentoring junior team members. You will have the desire to play a key role in the growth of our company.
The successful applicant will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to influence effectively.
You will have experience of providing advice on:
- Climate resilience; or
- Environmental and sustainability management.
This can be either in a consultancy role and/or as an in-house lead/advisor.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in an Environmental or Sustainability related discipline.
- Experience of the development / compilation of Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) submissions and information.
- A proven and demonstrable track-record in the profitable delivery of projects in sustainability consultancy and the application of current/emergent business standards and expectations (e.g. ESG and SDGs).
- Experience of advising C-suite clients and colleagues on matters regarding business / organisation sustainability performance.
- An understanding of mega-trends, in particular those relating to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, Net Zero and potential disrupters to the consultancy market, notably those relating to the environment and sustainability market place.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Demonstrable track record of securing new business and delivering high quality work to clients / management stakeholders.
- Strong professional network in sustainability and credible connections with key professional stakeholders.