Locations considered: Bristol and Plymouth and Glasgow
Frazer-Nash has been a key supplier to MoD for over three decades. We offer an extensive range of expert services to our clients, the success of which has led to the need for additional submarine engineers to support both in service and next generation submarine platforms.
Successful candidates will work with clients (both direct to MoD and major Industrial Partners) to provide engineering support throughout the lifecycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal. This role will initially be focused on nuclear submarine systems. However, there is work across a wide variety of both defence and non-defence projects. We operate in the weapon, maritime, land and air domains as well as outside defence such as high hazard industries e.g. oil and gas, nuclear power generation. There are also a variety of opportunities for progression within the business.
Experience in a variety of the following areas will be advantageous:
- Knowledge of submarine systems and their operation. (ME/WE/ Ops).
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Knowledge/ Experience of Submarine support organisations
- Dual Cat B preferred (MESM) or equivalent experience
- Technical Assurance and Maturity Assessment of the Maritime CADMID cycle
- Regulatory Interface and Support eg DSA 02-DMR, JSP 430, JSP538, JSP518
- Design Substantiation.
- Risk Assessment and Hazard Management
- Safety Case development and management
- Standards / Policy / Guidance review and update