Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
The procurement team at Frazer-Nash are responsible for buying services from subcontractors, which support the consultancy services we deliver to our clients. We work across all markets, with industries delivering exciting, innovative and cutting-edge solutions. Our new supply chain lead will start in the centre of one of our most exciting projects. The successful applicant will start on a 6 month fixed term contract, which is likely to become permanent.
This is an internal vacancy; the supply chain specialist will undertake procurement work on behalf of Frazer-Nash and its supply chain, as oppose to some of our consultants who work directly for clients, to manage a client’s supply chain.
Office locations - Dorking, Bristol, Burton, Warrington
The right candidate will have good knowledge of the end-to-end process of competitive tendering, would ideally have experience buying professional services and consultancy and be CIPS qualified or working towards an MCIPS qualification. Experience working for government clients or in industries, which require an emphasis on strong quality processes would be an advantage. The nature of the services we buy can be complex, with a focus on systems and engineering. For this vacancy, an interest or aptitude towards digital innovation and/or artificial intelligence would be beneficial, although not essential. We are looking for a candidate who is a confident communicator, liaising with our consultancy clients when required.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Several years procurement and supply chain experience
- Experienced in running competitive tenders
- Experienced in negotiating legal terms e.g. Intellectual Property, payment terms, costs (additional support is available from our legal department)
- Must be confident liaising with senior stakeholders in client organisations, and discussing technically complex projects.
- Must have experience in indirect procurement, buying services (not commodities).
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Preference towards candidates with procurement experience in defence sector / MOD / public sector (and experience of complex technical contracts or frameworks)
- All procurement category specialisms considered – preference towards professional services.
- Understanding of how procurement contracts work up and down the supply chain.
- CIPS or working towards favourable
- Degree educated or equivalent