All UK office locations considered
Salary range is between £40,000pa and £60,000pa depending on experience.
Closing date is 9th February 2022 however we encourage early applications.
Due to continued success and growth of our consultancy services, we are looking for an experienced consultant to join our Techno-Economic Assessment group.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of techno-economic advisory consultancy and will be up to the challenge of delivering client projects and winning new work to support our rapidly growing consultancy team.
Candidates should hold several years’ experience in an economic advisory, techno-economics, or related role. The successful applicant will have experience of delivering advice and insight into government and major corporations in our target growth areas (health, energy, sustainability, transport & infrastructure, advanced manufacturing, defence).
Our work in the area of economic advisory is diverse and ranges from; economic assessment of complex engineering projects, development of cost and financial modelling using top-down and bottom-up approaches, developing LCOE models, performing value for money assessments and social value measurement, constructing business cases and performing economic assurance reviews, to market analysis of supply and demand, macroeconomic impacts and calculation of GVA and jobs.
With this appointment, we expect to enhance the breadth and depth of our existing economic advisory services. The successful candidate will bring proven skills in economic modelling, quantifying uncertainty and risk, technical research, and advisory. They will be willing to undertake business development / proposal writing to support the ongoing growth of our services.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. We would be delighted to talk about flexibility in both working patterns and location, what matters to us is working with great people with the skills and mind-set to join our team.
Our success is borne out of our commitment to our clients and the strong relationships we form with them and their teams. We care deeply about our clients’ success and pride ourselves on being trusted by them to support projects and programmes that really matter.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Several years experience in techno-economic advisory consultancy.
- An upper second class Degree from a leading university in the following or related disciplines:
- Demonstrable expertise in providing techno-economic advice and insight into government(s) and / or major corporations.
- Strong data analysis, interrogation, quality and visualisation skills. A proven ability to derive insights from data and combine with economic insight using appropriate modelling techniques.
- Skilled econometric / mathematical problem solver with proven economic modelling capability.
- Experience of developing problem solving solutions using the following applied economic methods; econometrics, supply and demand modelling, socio-economic impact assessments, market and regulatory reviews, and policy / programme evaluations.
- An interest and ability in the practical application of economic theory.
- A willingness to generate new business.
- Experience in our target growth markets:
- Transport & infrastructure
- Advanced manufacturing
- Experience of managing projects and leading teams of consultants.
- Confident communicator and excellent presentation skills with client-facing experience.
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Right to work in the UK.
It will be to your advantage if you meet any or all of the following additional requirements:
- Doctorate or Masters Degrees in economics, mathematics, finance, business, statistics, or engineering.
- Experience / understanding of regulatory price controls for the electricity and gas (energy) networks
- Experience of the HM Treasury’ Magenta Book and / or Aqua Book.
- Experience of performing data analysis using any of: SPSS, MatLab, STATA, R, Python, VBA, SQL.
- Experience of project management.