Office locations considered - Bristol & Plymouth
Closing date - 30th June 2022 but we would encourage early applications.
Salary range is £40,000 - £70,000 per annum depending on experience
A senior Systems/Requirements Engineer, with experience of leading complex systems engineering and/or requirements engineering projects, is required to join the Requirements and Acceptance Group to meet the significant workload currently being experienced by the Frazer-Nash Systems Engineering area. This role will see the successful applicant leading a range of projects, mainly in the Defence, Nuclear and Energy domains (but potentially in any field), working with and mentoring junior staff and contributing to the successful delivery of contracts to our customers. The work will entail leading and delivering projects related to User and System Requirements, Acceptance (including Verification and Validation work), Model-Based Systems Engineering and potentially modelling and architecture. The role will involve engagement with clients and Frazer-Nash Business Managers to deliver projects, identify future opportunities, develop enquiries and bids and winning the work. The successful candidate will have a fundamental understanding of the systems engineering processes, requirements elicitation and management and acceptance principles, as well as experience of applying these skills within a complex technical environment. They will have experience of, and be interested in, developing business such that contract opportunities are identified, winning proposals are delivered and strong relationships are built with current and new clients.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Good understanding of all aspects of the V lifecycle, User Requirements, System Requirements, interface management and verification & validation.
- Evidence of experience in elicitation and management of User and System Requirements, and associated Acceptance/V&V, within complex engineering projects. A particular aspect of the role will be leading projects from the outset, developing from scratch requirements and acceptance processes and plan, and developing User/Systems Requirements documents (again from scratch);
- Working with large and complex stakeholder groups to understand the capability and system needs, and utilisation of various techniques (workshops, interviews, etc) to elicit the requirements and Measures of Effectiveness/Performance;
- A detailed understanding of requirements writing techniques, functional breakdown and use case development;
- The use of Model Based Systems Engineering techniques in support of requirements development.
- You will demonstrable the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets (including experience of IBM Rational DOORS® software), as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level.
- You must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and have experience of direct client liaison.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- An understanding of architecture modelling techniques, such as TOGAF/NAF, and tools would be an advantage.
- Previous exposure to a consultancy environment would be an advantage, but strong commercial acumen is essential.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.