Unmanned Aerial Systems/Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAS/UAV, also known as drones) are changing the way organisations operate. Our expertise in UAS enables us to support organisations to adopt and exploit UAS solutions in new and novel ways. We can help you to understand drone technology – its benefits and risks – and to use UAS to increase your performance and safety.
There are many potential ways in which UAS can be used to enhance safety, improve efficiency and drive innovation in your business. Take a look at just some of the potential applications of drones.
We enhance your capability to maximise the benefits you receive from UAS.
We are helping organisations to identify the ways in which increasingly autonomous technologies can support their work, as well as the benefits, risks, opportunities and integration challenges they can bring. Some examples of our recent work include:
- Scaling up UAS operations: we are delivering a systems engineering approach to support organisations to scale their drone operations intelligently, whilst maximising their resources
- UAS Operational modelling: modelling and optimisation of a nationwide aerial response model that can support major incidents for emergency services
- BVLOS safety case: we are supporting organisations to carry out Beyond Visual Line of Sight operations
- Drone development: we have developed, and continue to refine, a small highly agile system that can rapidly deliver specialist payloads, and includes complex object tracking using embedded Artificial Intelligence
- Humanitarian aid drones: we have developed a humanitarian aid delivery drone that could be launched in swarms from transport aircraft. In addition to the drone design, we developed the air vehicle, the aerial deployment system, a certification roadmap, the operational concept, and ground-based logistical elements
- Multi system mission management: we are delivering an intelligent routing and planning system for autonomous vehicles, which has the real-time intelligent capacity to adapt to previously undetected obstacles
- Assuring autonomy: we have recently led a consortium of industry experts to develop safety argument structures for assuring the safety of a system that ‘thinks for itself’.
Services that we offer include:
- Concept development, including option assessments, feasibility studies and operational modelling
- Technology road mapping and Techno Economic Assessments (TEA)
- Design and development of hardware and software, including autonomy and swarming control, certification, trial planning and delivery and training
- Safety cases (including BVLOS)
- Fleet management and through-life management including maintenance assessments
- Data management, software development and human-machine interface (HMI) optimisation
- Simulated environments (Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality) and digital twin development
- UAS capability enhancement (e.g. for remote maintenance).
- Drone requirements definition
- UAS design, development, build and test
- Safety and certification of UAS platforms and operations
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence