- Predictive modelling
- Computer simulations
- Decision support tools
- Interactive visualisations
- Systems thinking
- Agent-based modelling
- Artificial intelligence
- Uncertainty analysis
- Web application development
I specialise in the application of data science to complex strategic problems, helping businesses to make decisions faster, better and more data‑driven.
I started my career as a consultant in the nuclear industry after studying astrophysics, computer simulation and artificial intelligence (AI). Now, as a Chartered Physicist, I still aim to bring a structured scientific approach to solving the various business problems I work on. I work across the Frazer-Nash business sectors combining domain experience with systems thinking to unpack problems, before optimising the solution with data science, leading to effective actions and decisions.
I have over a decade’s experience delivering to businesses and government departments, mainly in the energy, defence and transport sectors. The variety and scale of challenges in these sectors have helped me to become an expert in planning, delivering and communicating the results of advanced data analytics projects. As a keen proponent of interactive visualisations, I often develop these to pull out insights and drive decisions amongst leadership teams.
My current focuses are:
- Helping businesses make better strategic decisions by using advanced data analytics to navigate uncertain future scenarios
- Coaching and training on how to successfully apply data science and computational modelling to solve difficult problems
- Bringing together multidisciplinary teams of specialists to deliver innovative and effective strategic advisory services.
Ask me how data science, predictive modelling or decision support tools can help to tackle your biggest challenges.