By automating key systems and processes, your organisation can achieve improvements in efficiency, safety, and productivity that deliver both cost savings and additional income. Our expertise helps you to identify the business activities that will benefit from the integration of robotic and autonomous systems, and provides tailored solutions that meet your company’s specific needs.
Whether you’re looking to maximise the value of your digital assets, reduce risk, or introduce the automation of complex, expensive or repetitive tasks, recent advances in technology have provided the platforms that allow you to do this. The benefits of robotics and autonomous systems to your business, and to your workforce, include:
- Improved safety – using automated/remotely operated tools in hazardous environments limits the dangers faced by your workforce, and avoids the high costs of accidents.
- Increased performance – automated robotic systems can work quickly and accurately for long periods, increasing productivity and boosting profits - sometimes providing complete new ways of performing activities.
- Improved information – tools such as unmanned aerial systems (UAS) (aka ‘drones’) can help you to collect more and richer data on your assets. Robotic and autonomous systems also provide detailed feedback on their own performance: from component failure rates, to energy and material usage.
- Reduced costs – automation can enable you to introduce efficiencies that reduce a variety of costs; and may help in those industries where skills gaps are difficult to fill.
- Enhanced staff development – by automating the repetitive tasks your staff undertake, you can use the time saved to develop their expertise in areas where the human element can add more value. Employees’ wellbeing and engagement is increased, as they get to take on more interesting work and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At Frazer-Nash, our engineers’ expertise in robotic hardware, embedded software, automation, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) will help you to overcome the technical challenges of implementing autonomous and robotic systems. We add value across the whole life cycle – from requirements, design and simulation, through to holistic whole-system support – and provide advice that allows you to identify if investment in robotics and autonomy is right for your business.