It is well recognised that space systems have enormous potential to offer huge societal benefits: such as gathering data to understand and tackle climate change, generating clean energy in space, increasing the sustainability and efficiency of agriculture, and building the faster and more reliable communications networks to support a world which is ever more reliant on data.
At Frazer-Nash, our expertise supports your organisation in successfully delivering its mission – whether you’re innovating in spacecraft or payload design, developing pioneering technologies, or exploring the potential uses of space data in downstream applications. With decades of experience in aerospace, aviation and defence, as well as expertise in the technologies of industry 4.0, information and communications, modelling and simulation, electrical systems design and cybersecurity, we provide support across your full project life cycle.
How can Frazer-Nash help your work in the space domain?
Our experts can support the design and development of your space systems, equipment and facilities, while our in-house analysis services and high performance computing facility runs analyses that other companies may not have the resources to offer. We develop modelling and simulation tools that meet your specific needs, ranging from simple spreadsheet-based tools, to complex, bespoke software, including web and mobile applications.
We work closely with you to understand your requirements, and supply independent, vendor-agnostic consultancy and project management. We are frequently asked to act as a ‘customer friend’, and our clients know they can rely on us to provide impartial expert advice and solutions. They also rely on us to deliver safety expertise – we have extensive experience in this area, including working with the UK Ministry of Defence to provide safety management systems.
We excel at solving complex engineering challenges and, with extensive experience of working in diverse industries, we’re able to bring together best practice from different sectors to benefit your organisation.
Our capabilities supporting growth in the space domain cover a broad spectrum, including:
- Software tools and multiphysics modelling – including mechanical analysis and design, aerothermal analysis and orbital mechanics
- Control system design and analysis, including optimal control of attitude and orbit control systems (AOCS)
- Support to the establishment of Spaceports and launch system capabilities
- Turbomachinery and rocket motor design, and development support for air breathing spaceplane engines
- Electrical system design and analysis, including software-defined radio (SDR) and satellite systems
- Information management – with specialist knowledge of data modelling, web-based geographic information systems (GIS) and standards, we can help you to exploit geospatial information to gain a strategic and commercial advantage
- Safety and environmental management, including Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and design for the demise of satellites
- Cybersecurity and the exploitation of quantum technologies
- Engineering management that incorporates technical project and programme management, enterprise modelling, investment decision support, market analysis and strategic planning, business resilience and information assurance.