- Human Factors Senior Specialist- Nuclear
- UK office locations considered - Bristol, Gloucester, Glasgow, Warrington, Burton
- Salary range is from £60,000 to £72,500pa dependant on experience.
- Closing date for this role is 29th February 2023, we do encourage early applications.
Frazer-Nash are a leading engineering, systems and technology consultancy. Through our meaningful innovations, our experts help organisations make lives securer, safer, sustainable and affordable.
To support the growth aim of our Human Factors Integration (HFI) consultancy business, we are looking to recruit a high calibre Nuclear Human Factors professional to join our team to enhance our existing capabilities.
We are recruiting for a Senior Consultant who holds a breadth of technical knowledge within human factors with a nuclear bias. You will have with the ability to develop Human Factors strategies for complex projects, from both a technical and commercial perspective.
- Collaborate with business managers to cultivate and sustain client relationships
- Play a crucial role in formulating growth strategies and enhancing the core capabilities of the nuclear team within Human Factors
- Oversee the technical delivery of projects, including defining Human Factors work scope and managing bid submissions
- Provide mentorship and coaching to junior team members within the team
- Work collaboratively with the team to strategically shape the future of nuclear Human Factors at Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Demonstrate drive and passion to contribute to the growth of the company in the energy market
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities and challenges within the industry
- A degree level education in a Human Factors or related subject.
- Experience of implementing human factors strategies across a wide range of safety critical industries (i.e. Nuclear, Oil & Gas or Offshore)
- Experience of UK nuclear standards and regulations
- Experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative human error and reliability assessments.
- Ability to provide technical guidance/mentoring within projects to junior members of the team.
- Ability to author and review complex technical deliverables.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience in the civil nuclear sector – ideally Nuclear Plants and new builds supporting current operating facilities, nuclear defueling and fuel route, Defence sector or Autonomous Systems
- Experience in User Experience or Human Computer Interfaces
- Chartered status (or working towards) with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (or equivalent experience).
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.