Job Title: Leading Safety Case Professional
Salary range: £70,000 to £90,000 per annum
Location: Bristol is preferable but would consider any office for the right candidate.
Working Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.
Closing date for this role is 7th March but we would encourage early applications
We are seeking an experienced safety professional to join our Nuclear and Process Safety Group, based in Bristol (though applications for other UK Frazer-Nash locations are welcomed).
Much of our work is directly in support of nuclear safety cases; also some work with non-nuclear facilities and systems. We support a range of clients in most parts of the nuclear industry, including existing and new fission reactors, also a wide range of non-reactor sites and experimental facilities.
As an experienced safety professional, you will have an impressive track record of using your experience and knowledge of nuclear and other high-hazard industries to assess and manage safety. You will be expected to undertake project work for clients on, or in support of, complex and significant safety cases, and lead other staff in planning and performing such work.
You will also lead and manage projects, develop and hold client relationships, and win new work; as well as supporting and coaching junior colleagues’ development.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you meet some of the following requirements:
- A degree, Master's or PhD in a relevant STEM subject
- A strong understanding of safety assessment and safety justification methods as they are used in the UK nuclear industry and in other engineered facilities and systems.
- Understanding of the UK regulatory/legal regime relating to safety management and safety cases, including the structures and processes typically associated with safety cases.
- Significant experience on safety work in the nuclear industry
- Experience in other high-hazard industries (e.g. process, energy, offshore)
- Track record of technical oversight and leadership
- Strength in organised, clear, written communication
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.