Job Title: Nuclear Safety Case Consultant
Salary range: £50,000 to £70,500 per annum
Location: Bristol is preferable but would consider any office for the right candidate.
Working Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.
Closing date for this role is 7th March but we would encourage early applications
We are looking for people with knowledge and experience of nuclear systems and nuclear safety cases, to support existing and new UK nuclear projects.
Much of our work is directly in support of facility, or site, safety cases; we also undertake project support roles, systems engineering roles, and technical engineering support to safety-related nuclear systems.
This is an opportunity for candidates with relevant experience, who are adaptable and able to perform the following kinds of roles:
- Safety assessment, risk assessment – hazard identification; fault schedules; design basis analysis; probabilistic analysis, safety functional requirements
- Qualification/ substantiation of systems against safety requirements.
- Internal and external hazards assessments.
- Safety case development and support for nuclear and non-nuclear plant
- Document writing – authoring or reviewing/verifying safety-related documents
Successful applicants will have:
- A degree (or equivalent) with an Engineering or relevant scientific bias
- Understanding and experience of the structure and development of safety cases; safety requirements (including those of the UK nuclear regulatory regime) and safety analysis/assessment.
- Experience of Nuclear and/or process plant in safety-related roles.
- Confidence in organised and clear written communication.
- A desire to develop further into safety case work.
It will help if you have experience of any or all of:
- Working with safety cases for nuclear reactors or other nuclear plant
- Formalised hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Assessment or qualification of safety-related systems
- Working within a consultancy environment.
- Involvement in large multi-disciplinary projects
- Project management (need not be management of large projects)
- Technical oversight and leadership
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.