We have developed a leading depot model to help rail clients understand questions like:
- How many shunters do I need to run my depot?
- How can I optimise the day to day running of my depot/site?
Before construction and even site purchase, our depot capacity modelling enables clients to understand:
- Will my site work?
- How many lines do I need to meet demand?
- How many people will I need?
- What shift patterns will be needed?
- Do I need lighting or fencing?
- How robust is my plan if demand changes?
Using this approach we have supported our clients in multi-million pound investment and partnering decisions.
- It can be used to design and test layouts of depots, or to discover an optimal schedule for an existing depot.
- If needed, we have links to partners who can help understand site limitations (e.g. noise constraints, geological issues etc).
- We have applied our tool to more than 25 depots, delivering saving running into the tens of millions to our clients.