We have a proven track record of delivering safety assessment and safety management services across the energy sector, including hydrogen projects.
Safety plays a critical role in enabling the development and continued operation of hydrogen production, storage, and usage facilities.
We work with both developers and operators, providing a wide range of services to deliver safety assurance at both equipment and strategic organisational levels, which help reduce the potential for harm to personnel and improve safety and operational efficiency.
Our strategic safety management skills help ensure operational safety. This includes:
- Safety management system and plan development to provide robust structured frameworks for achieving safety
- Development of staged safety cases that support installation, operation, and decommissioning, which demonstrate acceptable levels of risk and mitigation
- Safety policy, procedure and toolset development to improve safety culture and facilitate risk-based decision making
- Using tools such as Hazard Identification (HAZID), Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) and Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) studies to help set safety requirements and provide targeted recommendations to improve safety
- ATEX/DSEAR assessments, combustion and gas flow modelling