Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Salary range: £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Working Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.
Closing date for this role is 10th March but we would encourage early applications
Owners of Electrical Power Systems face the challenge of reducing their carbon emissions to meet the UK government’s goal of net-zero emissions by 2050.
Frazer-Nash support numerous clients facing this challenge while simultaneously having to maintain safe, secure, sustainable and affordable operations. These clients cover the owners and operators of small industrial private wire networks through to urban microgrids and distribution systems.
Our Electrical Engineers undertake a range of projects that are varied both in scale and industry sector. We typically have a diverse portfolio of projects from Front End Engineering Design (FEED) of upgrades to private wire networks, process plants and fusion power systems, through to supporting distribution network operators innovate and deliver the energy networks of the future.
Our work often has a safety critical element and interfaces with other teams within Frazer-Nash to deliver a multi-disciplined service offering; managing these interfaces and effective communication internally and to clients is an essential element of this role.
The role requires a strong technical project delivery background; with experience which should include several of the following: • AC and DC electrical system design.
• Equipment specification, for example: cables, switchgear transformers, generators, etc.
• The production, verification of electrical reports, specifications, and detailed design drawings.
• Responding to ageing and obsolescence of electrical assets.
• Design and assurance of safety critical power systems.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with our broad customer base to:
• Manage project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
• Client engagement to elicit requirements, develop work scope, report progress and management of risk.
• Mentoring and development of graduate electrical engineers.
If you are looking for the opportunity to develop or utilise your technical, project management and business development skills then this would be the right career opportunity for you. This is an exciting time to join a highly capable team and with a role which allows the opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
• MSc in an accredited Electrical Engineering (Or equivalent experience)
• HV & LV electrical engineering experience in a relevant industry
• Chartered Engineer or working towards
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Up to date knowledge and experience in the electrical discipline in particular relation to any of the following sectors:
- Private Wire Networks / Micro Grids
- Energy Storage and Battery Systems
- Energy Generation
- Production of design/substantiation reports and deliverables.
- Eliciting clients' technical needs and developing relationships.
- Application of regulated industry standards, methodologies and principles.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.