Job Title: Hazardous Materials Defence Consultant
Salary range: £40,000 to £50,000 per annum
Working Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.
Closing date for this role is 1st March but we would encourage early applications
The Materials Performance Group at Frazer-Nash Consultancy continues to grow, providing materials expertise into the UK’s defence and private sector programmes.
We are seeking a new team member to support our existing consultants working in this area.
The successful candidate will undertake projects that include all areas of the business with a primary focus on supporting our defence clients. As a Hazardous Materials Defence Consultant at Frazer-Nash Consultancy you will supply crucial expertise to help solve the varied technical and scientific challenges that are faced by material engineers in the 21st century.
You will work to ensure that hazardous materials are controlled in a safe and legal manner, in compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements. Your expertise is essential to manage materials and ensure the protection of health and the environment.
• Provide technical assistance on materials compliance to our clients
• Develop compliance procedures, plans, and processes
• Perform materials assurance investigations to assess project compliance with applicable materials regulatory requirements, client policy, or management systems
• Maintain familiarity with upcoming legislative changes in the materials sector
• Manage projects within scope and budget whilst ensuring quality standards are met on project deliverables
• Support other staff and project managers to deliver projects.
• Build and sustain your professional network, both within Frazer-Nash and externally, to create and develop business opportunities
• Provide technical leadership on projects and oversee the work of other staff
• Build and maintain client relationships
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity, or background.
We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment. We are a Flex from First employer and welcome applications from prospective employees who are interested in working flexibly.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
• A Materials Science/Engineering degree
• Experience working within the defence industry
• Experience working with REACH and ROHS regulations
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
• PhD in a materials related subject
• A higher degree in an environmental or sustainability topic
• Experience of non-metallic materials toxicity or fire testing
• Safety or environmental experience in the defence industry
• Experience in materials failure investigations
• Experience in materials testing programmes
• Experience in materials selection
• Are a chartered engineer or equivalent
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.