Job Title: Industrial Control Engineer
Salary range: £45,000 to £60,000 per annum
Working Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.
Closing date for this role is 1st March but we would encourage early applications
Frazer-Nash control system engineers support our clients with the design and assurance of safety critical plant control systems.
Our clients’ face the challenge to maintain and modify their plant systems while striving to meet the UK government’s goal of net-zero emissions by 2050 in a world where increased connectivity and smart technology brings both opportunity and threat.
Our Control & Instrumentation engineers undertake a range of projects across multiple sectors from manufacturing and process industry to civil nuclear sites, fusion and defence. The projects vary from small scoping and feasibility studies for modifications or upgrades, to the design of complex process plants, including high integrity safety functions and advising on the development of safety critical systems.
Typically, our engineers have multiple projects progressing at any one time which gives a good variety of work.
Our work often interfaces with other teams within Frazer-Nash to deliver a multi-disciplined service offering, collaboration and effective communication internally and to clients is an essential element of this role.
Tasks undertaken include:
• Option Studies to propose design solutions in process and safety systems
• System architecture design
• Control philosophy, instrument selection and system detailed design specification
• Safety system reliability assessment
• System cyber resilience
• Equipment Qualification
• Document review / verification
• Compliance assessment of processes and design artefacts against international and industry standards and UK regulation.
• Planning and execution of qualification programmes, as well as hardware and software testing.
This is a truly exciting time to join our team, we are looking for Industrial Control Engineers who are actively seeking to develop their skills in the design lifecycle of high reliability safety control systems. We will work with you to develop these technical skills and obtain industry recognised qualifications while working alongside and being mentored by our Subject Matter Experts in safety system design and substantiation.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
• Electronics, Electrical or Control Systems degree
• Experience of control and safety system specification, design and substantiation
• An awareness of structured functional safety processes such as IEC61508
• Registered and working towards CEng
• Technical report writing skills.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
• Experience in one or more Regulated Industries such as:
o Oil and Gas
o Nuclear o Power Generation
o Process Industry
• TUV Functional Safety Certified Engineer
• Use of Programmable Logic Controllers (in Safety Applications)
• Commissioning / FAT / SAT
• Alarm system design
• Obsolescence management
• Instrumentation selection
• Equipment Qualification
• Marine Platform Management Systems (PMS)
• Experience of Regulatory Interface Meetings
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.