- Role - Interested in Nuclear Safety Related Challenges
- Other Office locations to be considered Warrington & Leatherhead
- Salary range is between £80,000pa and £100,000pa depending on experience.
- Closing date is 29th February 2024 however we encourage early applications.
Do you have experience of working in the nuclear safety environment?
Do you want to deploy your skills and experience on projects that will provide a tangible benefit to nuclear safety?
Do you want to be regularly challenged and learn new things?
Do you want to work for a successful company where you are valued and can make a meaningful impact?
We have a number of engineering and consultancy roles available across our nuclear technical axis, based in various locations around the UK and each with its own unique offering. Our main hubs for this type of work are Harwell, Warrington and Leatherhead. Whilst it is desirable that you are located within commuting distance of one of these offices, we may be able to consider applicants located near one of our other main UK offices.
If you are interested in learning more about what we do in the nuclear sector and some of the exciting opportunities on offer, then please read on and submit your application to join our growing team!
At Frazer-Nash we understand each person is unique and it is our aim to help guide you into the team and business area that is the best fit for you.
We operate across a range of industries spanning defence, transport and energy markets. We have a particularly strong presence in the nuclear sector, with a diverse portfolio of clients across both defence and civil nuclear.
We offer excellent opportunities for individuals with a background in nuclear safety. Our nuclear safety teams are involved in a wide range of projects for clients who operate civil and defence nuclear plant and facilities in highly regulated environments, and who use their expertise to support national security.
Whilst these opportunities are primarily nuclear safety focussed, you will have the chance to use your skills and talents working across a diverse range of multi-disciplinary projects and industries, helping us deliver a safe and secure world against a backdrop of rapidly evolving technology.
So, if you have a strong desire or interest for a particular team or location described above, please let us know within your covering letter and application.
We are interested in hearing from dynamic, high calibre individuals with a proven track record in the nuclear sector.
The following are essential requirements for this role:
- Experience of working in a nuclear safety environment (defence or civil)
- Aptitude for problem solving and a willingness to take on new opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence effectively
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary technical teams
The following attributes are highly desirable for this role:
- Nuclear safety legislation, regulation and policy
- Derivation of safety functional requirements, hazard identification, hazard evaluation and fault sequence assessment
- Deterministic and / or probabilistic safety assessment engineering design substantiation
- Peer review
- Safety case / safety basis development and authoring
- Nuclear safety management and its application throughout the plant lifecycle
***Our Harwell office is currently a temporary office, whilst the duties of this role will be carried out from the Harwell office and we will review the appropriateness of this becoming a permanent office in future, contractually employees will assigned to one of our permanent offices, details of this will be discussed with you at interview stage.
***Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy the necessary clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.