Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Consultant (Advanced Nuclear)
Salary range: £44,500 to £63,500 per annum
Working Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.
Closing date for this role is 23rd February but we would encourage early applications
At Frazer-Nash we care, and the work we do makes a difference in the world.
As part of our growth plans in Advanced Nuclear Technologies, we are seeking additional resource with advanced manufacturing engineering capability to support our clients in the Fusion, AMR and SMR sectors.
The Frazer Nash Advanced Manufacturing Technology Hub (AMTecH) has a goal to be recognised as a world-leading, independent design and manufacturing consultancy, providing optimised solutions to the nuclear sector, and contributing to the delivery of clean energy solutions.
We are looking for talented manufacturing engineering consultants to be part of the growth plans in this exciting new area.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Consultant, you will provide support and technical leadership to our clients in advanced manufacturing methods involving (but not limited to) the following disciplines;
Machining, assembly, automation, metrology, welding, non-destructive evaluation, factory design and layout.
Significant focus will be on the latest industry standard advanced manufacturing techniques and systems to deliver innovative and repeatable results across the nuclear sector.
If you are excited about the prospects of working on high profile infrastructure projects in nuclear and in other sectors, please apply.
Successful applicants will meet the following minimum requirements:
• Degree or Master’s Degree in a Science or Engineering subject, or Maths.
• Be Chartered (or working towards Chartership, e.g. through the IMechE).
• In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, assembly, welding, metrology, Non-Destructive Examination, factory layout etc
• Previous experience working as a Manufacturing or Production Engineer in a High Value environment
• Working knowledge of design codes and standards within Nuclear Power Plant or nuclear facilities
• Excellent customer facing skills, with experience of responding positively, efficiently and effectively to requests and concerns
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, report writing skills, experience of delivering presentations; communicating with staff and clients
• Strong technical and analytical skills that enable successful implementation of project deliverables, concepts and to deliver long term innovation and cost saving improvements
• Ability to interpret drawings, specifications and quality requirements to ensure designs are suitable for manufacture It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
• Experience of working within a consultancy environment.
• A history of involvement in large multi-disciplinary projects.
• A track record of working successfully with clients and developing new business.
• Strong understanding of lean aspects (one piece flow, line balancing, factory layout, VSM)
• Knowledge of the UK Manufacturing Supply Chain
• Understanding of NPI issues and provide solutions relating to design, manufacture and control procedures
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.