Role - Nuclear Plant Systems and Safety Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £82,500 depending on experience
Office Location: Bristol
Closing Date: 8th March 2024 however we encourage early applications.
We are looking for people with skills and experience in nuclear or industrial safety environments to add value to projects that support the UK's nuclear power stations. As many of the existing reactors prepare to end their generation lives or extend their life, there are exciting opportunities to work in this field, grow your career in a consultancy and take our business to new levels.
Our Programmes Business Unit holds key relationships with staff at nuclear power stations so that we fully understand their requirements and needs, to be able to leverage the rest of our business to deliver high quality support and technical expertise.
Joining our growing team, we will provide you with the support to allow you to develop your technical and business skills and experience, manage projects through the whole lifecycle and play a part in our organisation which offers flexible, hybrid working and many other benefits.
What will you achieve in the next 12 months?
- You will deliver solutions to the technical challenges faced at nuclear power stations
- Develop and own the relationships with key staff at nuclear power stations
- Help define their needs for our support using your commercial experience and technical expertise
- Prepare commercial solutions and proposals to deliver technical support
- Produce high quality work to ensure nuclear plant operations and activities are completed safely
- Provide strategic input to shape the direction of our business
A successful candidate might have knowledge and experience of the following from a nuclear or high hazard safety industry:
- The ability to lead projects and mentor developing engineers
- Demonstrable knowledge and use of engineering change, design control or equivalent processes
- Knowledge of civil nuclear power station defuelling or care and maintenance preparations or life extension
- Nuclear safety case and engineering change author or verifier experience
- Nuclear operations, cooling plant, or fuel route knowledge
- Nuclear station management experience, operations experience
- Architect Engineering experience
- Licensing / permitting experience
- Waste management strategy & disposability, POCO, Dismantling,
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting