What We Do in Consulting?
Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients trust us to help make their organisations secure, safe, sustainable and affordable. We support our clients with some of their most complex challenges, making a difference by getting involved at all stages of the project lifecycle and doing the things which matter.
Our nuclear teams work to ensure the safe operation and longevity of existing nuclear power stations (literally working to keep the lights on!). They support the UK’s nuclear new build programme, the safe decommissioning of nuclear facilities and help to bring advanced nuclear technologies (e.g fusion and next generation fission reactors) to fruition. We also support the UK’s nuclear defence facilities.
You will be involved in the full design life-cycle of projects, providing advice and developing practical solutions to engineering problems for our clients across the UK and potentially internationally. The role requires that you provide nuclear advice to the design, operation, defuelling and decommissioning of nuclear facilities. As part of this, it will be necessary to liaise and work with operators, designers, other customers, the regulator and technical experts within Frazer-Nash, building strong and enduring working relationships.
What you’ll be doing at Frazer-Nash?
Climate Change is a tough and urgent problem. Are you ready to be part of the solution?
A consultancy environment offers the chance to experience a wide variety of diverse projects. Your work could include:
- managing part of a nuclear new build project;
- undertaking reviews and assessments to assess if the life of a nuclear asset can be extended;
- reviewing designs of advanced nuclear technologies to determine if they are credible and safe;
- producing a safety case to prove the safe operation of a nuclear asset;
- assessing plant items to support the safety case claims;
- performing data analysis and computer-based simulation to support all of the above.
Our projects support the generation of safe and reliable electricity, which is essential to achieve Net Zero by 2050.
You'll be given the opportunity to develop yourself at each step of the project lifecycle, from winning work to helping solve complex technical problems, managing project delivery and working directly with clients. You will be supported throughout by training and mentoring tailored to your needs and experience.
Most of our work comes from repeat business and you will be seeking to build enduring working relationships with key clients. This means you will be spending some time on clients’ sites, which is a great opportunity to get hands on experience with plant and to really understand our clients’ culture.
What you’ll need?
We are looking for ambitious, intelligent and inquisitive individuals, who can solve challenging problems. We embrace diversity, innovation and collaboration at Frazer-Nash and provide the opportunity for talented people like you to work on projects that make a difference to our world.
We expect the applicant to have the following attributes:
- An undergraduate degree level qualification 2:1 or above in a relevant degree subject. This includes, but are not limited to: Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemical/Process Engineering, Nuclear Engineering;
- On course to obtain a postgraduate Masters degree in Nuclear Science/Engineering;
- A passion for the nuclear field;
- The ability to see the bigger picture in the roles you undertake;
- Drive and enthusiasm for your own continued professional development.
The following qualities are desirable:
- Relevant work experience in the nuclear industry or in a consultancy environment;
- Some coding or programming experience.
What can Frazer-Nash offer you?
At Frazer-Nash, we want all our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
At Frazer-Nash, we will support your career development so that you achieve further professional qualifications including Chartership. Our Professional Development Scheme (PDS) is accredited by five professional institutions, and you will be assigned a mentor who will work with you to develop your own individual development plan.
- We don’t just offer a graduate programme, we offer a career;
- Professional chartership development scheme;
- Industry recognised training;
- Support and guidance from passionate and driven Engineers and Consultants.
We want you to start working on exciting projects as quickly as possible and to support you in this, we will assign you a mentor to aid you in developing the technical skills required for a project. This approach allows you to start making a difference from Day 1.
We will help you to develop and nurture your potential as you grow within your role and steer yourself towards new and exciting future career prospects. At Frazer-Nash we encourage development of you and your ideas in an impactful, meaningful way.