Role - Nuclear Safety Professional
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
Location: Bristol, Burton or Glasgow offices considered.
Closing Date: 1st December however we encourage early applications
Do you have experience of working in the nuclear safety environment?
Do you want to work for a successful company where you are valued and can make a meaningful impact?
At Frazer-Nash we deliver innovative engineering solutions to our clients to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. By joining our growing Nuclear Programmes team, you will become a pivotal part of our journey by offering your expertise in nuclear safety and process engineering.
Your role will encompass guiding the design, operation, maintenance, defueling, and decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
You'll work through the entire project lifecycle – from identifying opportunities and creating winning bids, to efficient project management and delivery, all the way to the seamless closure of projects. Your contributions are integral to our continued success.
The types of projects you could lead include:
Establishing the strategy for justification that a nuclear power station remains safe to continue operation and overseeing the production of the required substantiation and safety case documentation
Inspecting equipment at nuclear power stations to ensure it remains qualified to meet functional safety requirements
Justifying the removal of nuclear plant, systems and structures and their inspection routines to support safe, secure, cost-effective defueling, in preparation for dismantling and decommissioning Britain's fleet of gas cooled reactors
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
Develop and execute strategies to tackle intricate nuclear safety and process engineering challenges
Produce high-quality technical safety case documentation
Provide technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members.
Offer project and technical oversight for safety-related deliverables
Generate proposals and bids
Manage high-risk projects, ensuring they meet time, cost, and quality expectations.
Establish and lead enduring client relationships
- Exposure of overseeing the implementation of the nuclear safety case process
- Willingness to travel to client sites when required for project delivery
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Ideally you will be Chartered, or working towards becoming Chartered, with a Professional Institution
- Knowledge of nuclear defueling or decommissioning
- Proven experience within a particular technical field (e.g. process engineering, hazards, numerical analysis, electrical engineering, C&I)
- Experience of developing new business, or maintaining key business or key account relationships, in a consultancy or similar environment
- A degree in a relevant discipline would be advantageous
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.