Job Title: Senior Nuclear Systems and Safety Consultant
Salary range: £65,000 to £85,000 per annum
Location: Gloucester, Bristol or Harwell
Working Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.
Closing date for this role is 15th March but we would encourage early applications
We are seeking nuclear safety and/or systems professionals with a senior level of experience to join our PWR and Systems Engineering Group, based in Gloucester, Bristol or Harwell.
The group work with a range of nuclear clients across the full sector.
We support them to:
• Develop designs and safety cases for new nuclear technologies to the UK, including various SMR and AMR designs.
• Progress these new technologies through their GDA applications.
• Delivery safety case and engineering work to build new large nuclear power plants in the UK.
• Continue and where possible extend the safe operation of the current UK nuclear fleet.
• Defuel nuclear power stations which have now ceased generating electricity.
• Decommission nuclear sites.
• Design and develop fusion technologies.
As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to work with any and all of these clients throughout your career, making a substantial contribution to the UK nuclear industry and therefore to the UK achieving net zero.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Delivery of solutions to the technical and safety challenges faced by our clients.
• Developing and owning relationships with our clients.
• Identifying opportunities for new work for our clients and developing solutions to these opportunities.
• Mentoring and coaching other members of the team.
• Leading project teams to deliver work for our clients to cost, quality and time requirements.
• Providing input to the strategic direction of the group and company.
Successful candidates will have substantial previous experience and knowledge of producing nuclear safety cases, analysis and justifications, or of delivering solutions to complex issues with nuclear systems.
Additionally you will have experience of developing compelling bids/proposals for work, leading projects and project teams to successfully deliver work and building successful relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or Maths (or equivalent).
• Either knowledge and experience of nuclear reactor systems and components, possibly including experience in system/component design, requirements specification, asset management, commissioning, resolution of non-conformances / issues. This could any of a range of technical disciplines, including mechanical engineering, HVAC, electrical, I&C etc.
• Or knowledge and experience of safety cases and associated documentation and processes for nuclear power plants. In particular it would be beneficial if you have experience of development of top level safety cases, GDA applications and/or engineering change justifications.
• Experience of developing compelling bids and offers for work with clients, and a track record of winning new work.
• Ability to build strong client relationships, helping them to establish their requirements and specify packages of work.
• Experience of managing packages of work through their full lifecycles from conception to completion.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.