- System Safety Engineer
- UK office location - Bristol
- Salary range is from £35,000 to £50,000pa dependant on experience.
- Closing date for this role is 29th February 2024, we do encourage early applications.
Frazer-Nash is an engineering technology consultancy that specialises in delivering innovative solutions to make lives secure, sustainable, and affordable.
With our expertise in safety critical systems, cyber and digital assurance, we help organizations across a range of sectors, including Aerospace, Government, Transport, and Industry.
We are currently seeking a Software Systems Engineer to join our Digital Assurance area within the Defence Business Unit.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects, from providing technical support for aircraft re-entry into service following a major avionics modification, to informing architecture requirements for Swarming Uncrewed Air Systems (UAS) and Uncrewed Ground Vehicles (UGV).
As a Software Systems Engineer, you will be focussed on: providing assurance through the creation of safety and certification artefacts, or assessment of compliance against regulations and standards, or involved supporting the design or modification of safety related systems.
The successful candidate will also be able to work with clients (Industry Primes, MOD, Design Organisations, OEMs and Supply Chain) to provide software assurance support for new and in-service systems. Therefore, recent experience working within industry primes or OEMs is desirable, but not essential.
• An understanding of systems engineering or software life cycle and design concepts, particularly when applied to safety.
• Knowledge and experience of safety assessment and evaluation techniques
• An awareness of one or more standards such as Def-Stan 00-055, IEC 61508, DO-178B/C, DO-254, DO-326A.
• Experience in software or CEH system development programs or providing software or CEH system assurance consultancy, particularly for safety related systems.
• Ability to understand client requirements, certification challenges and support the development of solution strategies.
• A degree in a Safety, Engineering, Computer Science, Science or related subject; or similar experience gained through previous employment.
• CEng/IEng accreditation or a desire to work towards it with mentored professional development.
• Project and technical management experience.
Due to the nature of the work, we undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting