INTRO TO THE ROLE
Our Underwater Defence Researchers work as a small team of Scientists, Mathematicians and Engineers developing and accessing new techniques to detect, locate, classify and evade or engage threats in the underwater battlespace.
In this role you will:
- Apply advanced analytical and numerical modelling techniques to understand the physics of the signatures of naval platforms (both acoustic and non-acoustic) and the ocean environment;
- Develop prototype software for signature prediction and assessment;
- Review relevant academic literature and the latest developments
- Learn new disciplines and develop new theories
- Work both independently and as part of a small tightly knit team.
If you are a mathematically capable and highly motivated Physicist, Engineer or Applied Mathematician who is keen to work in technically challenging research and development and has an interest in some or all of the areas below then this could be the role for you:
- Fluid Dynamics;
- Software Development;
- Digital Signal Processing;
- Data Analysis;
- PHD Graduate - Physics, Maths, Engineering
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.